Thursday, May 7, 2009

Flickr Photo Sharing


I had a lot of fun looking up photos of different subjects. Flickr does seem to be a great way to store, search, sort and share your photos.
The two things that really interested me were:
Firstly, that it is a great safe way of keeping a backup of your photos (in case of that dreaded disaster in life of fire or flood); plus,the facilities of adding titles and keywords to tag which keep them organised and findable.
Secondly you can choose who you want to view your photos - private or public.
The photos I have chosen (I couldn't just choose one)are of my favourite architectural landmark, which I discovered when I was travelling - The Temple of Borobodur in Java. Every time I see a book on Indonesia I always flick through to see if there are any photos of this temple. I have never thought to look on the Internet for photos and information about it until now. I was so excited to discover so many photos showing different aspects of this marvellous man made creation. I am amazed at the photos and web sites available on this temple.
I have included one photo which shows the overall view.
In order to appreciate the magnificence of this temple check out these photos, which show more detail.
Photo 1
Photo 2

Photo 3
Photo 4
Also check out Wikipedia to get an idea of the beauty and complexity of this marvellous architectural feat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Girls

My Girls
Banff, Alberta, Canada